Saturday, August 9, 2008

Updates...

There is a local consignment shop we love to visit. It's called Jeannie's, and you never know what you might find there; original oil paintings, one of a kind furnishings, antique toys and jewelry, I have even purchased a trailer ball and extention for my van at this place. Anyway, this past week my Grandmother found a dining room table, complete with eight chairs and a leaf, that she thought would be a perfect housewarming gift. I went with my Mother and Grandmother to look at it on Tuesday. It will be a wonderful new addition to our new dining room. (Thanks Grandma!) (My old dining room table will be in the laundry room for now, to use for sorting and folding. It is a beautiful old table with claw feet, two drop ends, a leaf and actual gears underneath. It used to belong to a church and was given to me by an old co-worker of my Mom's.) While we are still waiting for the septic to be installed, we do not have permission to move anything into the new house yet. So....we had to store the new table in my Mom's garage. (Thanks Mom!)
We picked up the table and chairs yesterday, playing tetris with the pieces to get them all into the back of my little truck (with the tool box and lumber racks on), and my Mom's car. Gavin was a help in climbing in and around the furniture to place the blankets between and pieces that may rub together during the transport. (Thanks Gavin!)

....................................................................

It has been a couple of months, but I just came across this photo and thought I would share it. We had a report of a fawn that had been abandoned in a yard in town. The caller advised the fawn had been in the same place since the afternoon before and was possibly injured. It must have been later in the day, or a holiday as we did not have Animal Control on duty and had to send and officer to check out the situation. Per the Department of Fish and Game, if the animal is able to get on its feet, we are to leave it alone. However if the animal is unable to get up and has obvious injuries, officers are to dispatch the animal. What the officer found, was a very dehydrated fawn in need of some help, but no obvious injuries. The fawn was brought back to the police department while we tried to find a rescue center to take it in. After just a few phone calls we were able to located a rescue volunteer right here in town!
....................................................................

Cam and me ....

No comments: