Tuesday, August 12, 2008

First Day of Second Grade!

Photobucket
Today was Jocelyn's first day of second grade in a new school. She was very excited this morning, and didn't have any problem getting ready in time to get Brianne to school. Then IT happened. We had pulled into a parking space at J's new school, eager to walk through the halls and locate the library, office, cafeteria, all the drinking fountains and bathrooms, and generally get a feel for the atmosphere of the school. As Jocelyn was closing her door, I reminded her to make sure it was locked (stock '93 Nissan trucks do not have automatic locks). J tried to stop the door just as it was closing and slammed her thumb in the door. (OUCH!!!) So much for her sunny outlook on the day! We made our way to the nurse's office for a band-aid and an ice pack. With a thumb wrapped in a disposable ice pack and brown paper towel, we wandered the halls. We located The Sunflower Classroom and went in to meet J's new teacher. J found a table of girls to sit with and got all settled in. She was a little down when I left, but all smiles by the time the school day was over. She was very happy to inform me that although she does not have any homework this first week, I do. I have to complete all the paperwork that comes with the beginning of a new school year. :\

................................

When I arrived at work this afternoon, I found this in my e-mail. It made me laugh, so I thought I would share it with everyone...(thanks again Rob!)
">

.................................

Although today is Tuesday, it is my work Friday. I have one day off then it's back to the radio for two days of OT before starting my regular week again. I knew it was coming, I traded Jeri two days a week and a half ago, for these two days. I needed to work on getting the flooring down in the new house, and she is busy moving her Mom this week. When you are prepared to work the OT, it's not a problem, until someone calls in sick for your only day off. I REALLY do not want to work 11 days in a row, so I left this note on the schedule...PhotobucketDo you think she will believe me? If I have to come in tomorrow, I will need a 72 hour detention for mental evaluation by the end of the 11 days. Hhmmmm, a guaranteed 3 days off....

1 comment:

Beth said...

I think she'll TOTALLY go for it!!!! I wish it were true! It would be such a dream for you!
p.s. Sorry about the homework! Bummer.