Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Hazards of being the Supervisor

While we are packing and cleaning, cleaning and packing, to move everthing into the new house, we are also working on both houses depending on the day. My Mom and I have been working on completing the retaining walls in front of the old house, trying to get it ready to sell. (She has been coming over in the relative 'cool' of the mornings to put down as many blocks in the bottom row as the heat will allow, while I get ready for work.) Last week on one of my days off, Claire was out helping us with the wall. As the supervisor, she was visiting the east and west retaining walls, checking out the rest of the yard, and leaning on the wheelbarrow, depending on the flight of the bumble bees. Photobucket As a supervisor, she learned not to lean against the wheelbarrow when there is only one block left in it, especially when you are standing between the handles.

Photobucket

Even if she could have saved herself, the handle behind her knocked her back off balance and pushed her to the ground. 2 year old + road rash on the face = 1 screaming baby.

Look at this sad face...
Photobucket

Photobucket

In a better light...
Photobucket

And here is a new spider friend. I don't know what kind of spider it is, but I shoed it away so I could keep building the wall. Each section of its body was as big as my fingernail!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Niffer said...

Aww, poor little Claire! Lessons learned - much like the 32 inch television balanced on a tv tray. Lol... Oh, btw, that looks like a wolf spider. We get them here too.

I've blogged. Niffertobias.blogspot.com

Miss you ALL!

Beth said...

Ouch!!! No wonder she was crying!

kpmomma said...

Poor baby! The Puri's send many kisses to help heal the boo boo. Megan said she wants to hug and kiss her. LOL I hope she is feeling better!