Friday, September 5, 2008

Will they ever figure it out?

Brianne has been in and out of the hospital a total of three times in the last two weeks; 7 days out of 14. I am SO ready for the doctors to figure out what is wrong and get her on the road to recovery, treatment, anything but this awful limbo. I have been praying for the doctors to find the answer. One of the chaplains we use at the department called me while I was waiting outside the pediatrician's office yesterday, to pray with me. Thank you Jack.

Brianne has had 20 vials of blood drawn, 3 MRI's, 2 MRA's, a Lumbar Puncture (spinal tap) and a urine test. On Monday she goes back to the lab for another blood draw and another urine test. On Thursday, she has an appointment for another MRI and MRA. We are waiting for appointments with the other two referral doctors. Even with all the tests, we still do not have a true lead on what is causing the headaches, vertigo and neurological problems. The closest thing we have is a 'possible' problem with the size of something in her cerebellum. So, we wait...and I pray...and I ask others to pray...

In the midst of all the trips 2 hours south to the hospital, we are trying to move into, clean and paint our new house. The power will be turned off at the old house on the 19th, so getting out and getting it cleaned, making any last repairs and painting have a major deadline. If you love to clean, haul boxes or paint, let me know. I could sure use the help! (Beth and Pam, I will be calling on you!)

Here are some more pics of Bri during her stays at the hospital...

Trying to walk again, with help from Nurse Shirley... (don't worry, she has shorts on...)
Photobucket
Photobucket

A smile between headaches...
Photobucket

'Zoning' to try to forget about the headaches...
Photobucket
What she is looking at...so reminiscent of her cousin Brandon...
Photobucket

I will blog more when I know more. Until then, please pray for the doctors to find an answer...

1 comment:

Beth said...

You have quite a brave girl there! Thanks for sharing all of these last few weeks with us.
You are in our thoughts and prayers. BIG HUG!!!!!